Charred Broccoli Tabouli Salad
Serves 2-4 (main or side) | 10 minutes max
Nothing quite says 'IT'S SUMMER BABY' more than this Haloumi & Peach Salad... I mean, come on!! ABSOLUTE DROOL!
180g halloumi cheese, sliced into 1cm thick rectangles
1 tbs extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
2 yellow peaches, sliced into wedges
150g butter leaves or really anything you have on hand
50g pickled red onion (optional)
25g roasted slithered almonds
1 tbs nigella seeds
2 tbs extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
1 tbs white wine vinegar
Season to taste
1. Heat a non-stick fry pan over a medium - high heat.
2. Drizzle halloumi slices with EVOO and cook in the pan until they become golden n caramelised, 1-2 minute each side. Drain the halloumi on kitchen paper.
3. Meanwhile assemble all salad ingredients on a serving platter.
4. For the dressing, add ingredients to a small glass jar or container, shaking the contents of the jar until emulsified (tip - the dressing will become thick and gloss).
5. Scatter the halloumi over the salad, before pouring over the contents of the vinaigrette. Voila! Now it's time to eat.
- Vegans, you can easily interchange cow's milk halloumi for a vegan alternative cheese, available from all leading supermarkets.